Southernfoods logo

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Painted Plate Catering Greensboro NC

      This past weekend I had the pleasure of working with my old friends at Painted Plate Catering in Greensboro NC. Lucky for me they had such a busy weekend they called and asked if I'd lend a hand. Brad Semon, owner and Chef, has been a loyal Southern Foods customer for over 15 years. I was a little rusty thankfully Brad was there and so was Garde Manger Isreal Rios.
Mixed greens in Phyllo with Fresh Strawberries, shaved Parm and Honey-Lime Vin.

Quinoa Salad with Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde vin over Spin.



Whole Poached Salmon by Isreal Rios

Spiced 26\30 North Carolina Shrimp



Chocolate Mousse Shooter

 We also served: Spinach and Chicken Ravioli From Drake's Pasta in a Gorgonzola cream sauce garnished with toasted walnuts and chives, Five cheese tortellini with a tomato cream sauce and shaved Parmesan. And a carving station with Certified Angus Beef Striploin grilled whole. No picture though... I was in the weeds!

I have to say, it was really nice seeing what happens when a you take the high quality ingredients from Southern Foods and put them in the hands of such masterful chefs as those at the Painted Plate.




1 comment: